Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sometimes You Can Surprise Yourself

We had a second photoshoot today in Long Beach with my wife's co-worker. I wasn't sure what to expect because the weather has been uncooperative this week (Thank you, God for the wonderful rain!), the wind was whipping at the beach and I had never met "H"'s boyfriend or her dog. Well, i was pleasantly surprised. "B" was a great guy and we had more than one quality chat about photography and life. We all joked a lot and just enjoyed the afternoon. The ocean breeze consistently got cooler and the dogs all around got friskier, too.

I have plenty of photos to share, but this is one of the very photogenic couple. I am always trying new set ups with my camera and today I tried adjusting to exaggerate the highlights and then did the opposite and did it for the shadows. Yeah, um... it worked! Anyway, I knew it would, but I wanted to see what kind of detail I could preserve. You be the judge and let me know what you see or don't see or if you would adjust something.

Enjoy the photos.


No comments: