Thursday, December 6, 2007

Time Warner Extreme Road Runner vs. Verizon FiOS

For the past 9 months, the better half and I have been in constant contact with Time Warner Cable. No, we don't call them because we miss them or because we are friendly with them. The truth is they are lazy and that's why I was always on the phone with them. I had them out to our house 9 times in 6 months to figure out why our Road Runner internet service ran like a 56K modem. They switched the router the first time... and then after the 3rd new router they said it was my computer. They then retracted that and came out and replaced the cable, twice, and then the connections. They then hooked up their laptops and realized there was a HUGE problem. From what I hear, they do not want to upgrade an existing location that services the area. That is heresay, but we still had a problem. I took more than 24 hours off of work to have them tell me it was fixed and only to watch it drag along.

So, finally, I got extremely irritated. No, I was furious, and twice I was hung up on when I called. That was it. I called up Verizon and asked if they provided service to our area. Sure enough, they did. They screwed up the first 2 service appointments with not getting stuff installed, but tonight they came to get the box installed and set up the service. The guys were great and it took them less time than they said. Thanks guys!

Holy Schnikes, we have the fastest internet I have ever seen on any of my computers now. It is AWESOME! Kymberli and I are always trying to upload mass amounts of photos and sometimes we had to wait 1-2 hours to get photos online. Wait no longer, babydoll! I was so psyched when I downloaded a 30mb file in less than 40 seconds tonight. You have to understand why I was elated. I had downloaded the file to my other computer today and it took 2.5 HOURS. Unreal, right? Nope. Very, VERY real.

Needless to say, we are both happy and relieved that I don't have to deal with that anymore. We just might have to switch our TV service, too. If you aren't happy with TW Cable, go with FiOS.

Ok, I am now off my soapbox. Have a great night.

No comments: