Monday, September 29, 2008

The San Gabriel River and Bike Riding

One of my favorite thing to do is ride my bike. I love getting out and seeing the world from the seat of my bike. Tonight I took a ride along the San Gabriel River to get some much needed exercise and to relax. I just love taking along our little point and shoot camera and grabbing some shots. Tonight I only stopped a few times, but those times were worth it. Maybe not to everyone else, but to me.

I got to see flocks of cormorants, pelican and even a few sea lions swimming. It was very cool. Perfect weather and it is truly beautiful. I can ride from my house to the beach and back in less than an hour. How great is that? I used to have to dig out of 4 feet of snow just to make it to my car!

Anyway, here are three of my favorite shots from tonight. I love how I can see the water, airplanes, nature and just enjoy peace and quiet a few miles from my busy life.



4 comments:

kymberli q. said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself, honey. Nice shots from the point and shoot!

Anonymous said...

Great shots...
Mom II

Anonymous said...

These are great shots - looks like you got the perfect time of day for that late afternoon light... but I have to say that I think you were on the San Gabriel River, not the Los Angeles River. A lot of folks get them mixed up, as they're very similar, and historically they even flowed together. The LA River's mouth is in west Long Beach at the Queen Mary. The San Gabriel River ends in east Long Beach at Seal Beach.

Joe "Creek Freak" Linton
lacreekfreak.wordpress.com

Al Quackenbush said...

You are correct, Joe. Thanks for the heads up!