Friday, June 27, 2008

Adorable Portraits

Over the past few weeks, I have been having issues with my white balance. Kymberli saw that my photos were coming out very orange and so did I. I hated it. I figured it had to be my WB setting and sure enough, it was! I spoke with a co-worker, Garth, and he and I discussed our settings and options and finally we discovered that we both saw the same hues. Turns out that our WB settings were on Auto and I didn't think twice about it. I think our discussions paid off!!

These are some of the portraits from our session tonight. Shot in the evening, WB on sunlight and shot with a 50mm f/1.8. It sure helps when you have such a cute subject, but I did have to know my settings a bit more intimately today. It finally started coming together and now I am not so frustrated. You be the judges and see for yourselves.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I can't wait for our next session!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This little one is such a doll. Love the shots on the swing

Mom

Anonymous said...

I love the expression in this shot. Like, look how grown up I am. What a little doll.

Mom

kymberli q. said...

These are so cute, honey! The second one is my favorite!

cassandra-m said...

besides the fact she is simply ADORABLE...wow, I think you captured her cuteness perfectly!