Saturday, July 12, 2008

Angeles National Forest

My buddy, Steve, and I went to the Angeles National Forest last weekend to do some scouting. We drove up not so bright and early (4am) and got to the mountains around 6am. We ran late and got there as the sun was coming up, but I was able to get some good photos. We saw lots of wildlife. Pygmy rabbits, mule deer, blue birds, quail and he even saw a bobcat. i didn't get to see it because I was driving and it was on his side of the truck. Bummer! I can't wait to go again, but the drive kills me. It's a long, long day going up there, but I do love the photo ops.

Photobucket
Photobucket

If there is one thing any of my friends will tell you I hate... it's litterbugs. Whether it be cigarette butts, a can, a paper wrapper... it all ticks me off when someone is either lazy or has blatant disregard for the environment. Well, some idiot decided to leave his mark in the forest by leaving this can.

Photobucket

I wanted to put it in the truck and bring it back to get it out of the woods, but Steve mentioned that spiders like to make nests in there. I figured my wife would not like creepy crawlies in her truck, so i smashed the can down and left it near a tree. It seriously pained me to leave it there. Next time I go I will bring a garbage bag to put stuff in and leave it in the back of the truck.

No comments: