Wednesday, January 9, 2008

First Photos With The D300

I decided to get right out the next day and shoot with my new camera. I went out to Old Faithful - Bolsa Chica. My challenge was that it was very cloudy and raining. When I got there it was pretty dark and gloomy, but I was determined. I shot a bunch of photos while goofing around and playing with the settings.

Here is my result. The only thing I did to this was crop it. No adjusting ANY settings. No Levels, No Curves and now Shadow/Highlight and absolutely NO sharpening. The best part? The best part is that I shot it at ISO 1600 and it looks great. I was more than 50 feet away from this bird and this is the result. I think I am going to like my camera.

4 comments:

Richard Wong said...

Hey Al. Just checking out your site thru the link you left on my blog. Bolsa Chica is a place I like in the winter as well because there are more sanderlings during this season. Sounds like a great camera you've got if the D200 is any indication.

cassandra-m said...

Al...freakin' awesome!!!!!!

Al Quackenbush said...

Thanks, Richard. Bolsa Chica is awesome in the winter or summer. It's amazing the different wildlife you see down there. We'll have to hook up sometime for a shoot.

Al Quackenbush said...

Thank you, Cassandra. Love the new camera and the colors that come out of it are awesome!