Friday, November 9, 2007

Getting Lost In The Forest



Being a photographer allows me to see life in a whole new light. Many of the things we see each day we take for granted. Take for example this chipmunk. If I were just hiking or looking around, I may never view this tiny creature the way I did with my camera. I awoke from a nap and watched him grow more and more curious as to what I was or what I was doing. He inched closer and closer and then stopped and eyed me for over a minute. I snapped a few photos and he didn’t seem the least bit afraid. Normally, I think I would have taken it for granted that I was deep in the forest and was being watched by an animal. This day I sat in wonder and peace, knowing that these were God’s creatures and that they are here for a reason.

No comments: