Thursday, February 14, 2008

Only From The Mind Of A Quackenbush

I was inspired today by a fellow photographer, Michelle Black, to share a bit more about myself.

We all have days where we feel in a slump or not-so-creative. Heck, I have been there a few times. The way I look at it now is far different than 15 years ago when I picked up my Konica T3 SLR for the first time. It was hard back then and it is now, too. No one wants to admit they wonder if they can create a fresh look or amazing photograph, but we all think it. We need to inspire each other. My wife inspires me. To see how nervous she can get about a session only to create some of the best images I have seen makes me happy and gets me excited. Not that she is nervous, but that she is growing. We all are. She has come a long way in less than a year and to her my hat is off.

I try to learn something new every day. If I don't, well, then I tend to feel blah.

Here's a little insight into the mind of Quacky. I used to think at times that I was a great photographer and that I couldn't get better. Yeah, the days of my early 20s were in fantasy land, but I will freely admit it. I have to say that I have come a long way, but I love the friendship and sharing between other photographers. I used to feel threatened, but now I use that knowledge to strengthen my abilities.

I encourage all of my fellow photographers or aspiring photographers or just any person to ask me if you have a question about my photos or my technique. I can't guarantee that my answer will be helpful or insightful, but I can say that it will be truthful. In the past I have shared my settings, set-up techniques and even things that challenge me and I will gladly do it all again.

My next post will have some of my latest images of Catalina Island. I need to get a bit more into some other techniques with some images (actions, textures, colors), but for some I just need what comes out of the camera.

Happy Valentines Day to all!

1 comment:

kymberli q. said...

Wow! This might be my favorite post from you! I even learned things about you that I didn't know! Thanks for sharing all this, babe. And thank you for the kind words. I learned a lot (and am still learning) from the best. ;) Remember the days of my 'auto' mode and how I wouldn't listen to you when you told me manual would be better?! Yikes. LOL I still have a lot to learn, but I'm excited about what the future holds!